They say seeing is believing. It’s as true for interpreting as it is for anything else. Having an interpreter see your patient and having that patient see their interpreter makes a huge difference. Here’s how:
- Body Language – With 70% of communication being non-verbal, when someone is sick or injured, those non-verbal cues become even more important. An over-the-phone solution can’t convey what a patient’s posture or facial expressions might be saying.
- Patient Rapport – Seeing a smiling, helpful interpreter who looks professional and sounds like them makes patients more comfortable, forthcoming and trusting.
- Cleanliness – No phone means no handset, and no handset means greatly reduced germ-spreading. (Our wireless mobile Martti™ is a one-button device that only your staff touches.)
- Inclusion – Telephonic interpretation doesn’t work with Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing patients. Sign language on video does.
- Time Savings – Audio-only interpretation takes 33% longer due to clarifications and reduced context. That means each patient encounter takes longer, too. That hurts efficiency and patient satisfaction, and drives up costs.
- Compliance – Poor over-the-phone encounters drive providers to opt for easier but non-compliant interpretation methods like staff or family members. LAN offers a second-to-none user experience that’s always 100% compliant.
Those are just a few of the reasons why video medical interpreting is so valuable. And why Language Access Network should be the partner you choose to provide it.